Yoga And Meditation Can Help Reduce Stress


Yoga And Meditation Can Help Reduce Stress. We all know there are things we can do to reduce stress and anxiety, such as yoga and meditation — but who has the time? Surprisingly, some of the busiest and most successful people in the world make sure they find the time for the stress busters that work for them.

Sting, for example, practices yoga for an hour to an hour and 45 minutes most days, even when he's on a relentless schedule of touring and publicity. In fact, while on the road for a recent Police reunion tour, the 56-year-old singer reportedly got in an hour of yoga before each show. Yet, in an interview with Yoga Journal in 1995, Sting admitted that when he began his practice, he asked his yoga teacher the same question any busy person would ask: "How on earth am I going to find the time for this?"

Sting told Yoga Journal, "[My teacher] said, 'If you do this practice, you will have more energy to do your other tasks throughout the day.' Time will expand to accommodate the practice, in other words. I have to say that that's true. When I really do my yoga, I have more energy in the day. I get more done. My mind is more composed. There are more benefits to it than I would have thought."

Yoga and meditation can help reduce stress and anxiety and help restore a sense of calm and inner peace. Meditation is a must for talk show host Oprah Winfrey, who says, "I give myself at least 10 minutes every day in some form of meditation. So, just start there, and you will be surprised by the discipline that comes from doing it on a regular basis, how your life begins to unfold for you differently." She adds, "If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race."

Sheryl Crow began meditating when she was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer in 2006. She told WebMD the Magazine in May 2009 that meditation helped her through the rough first few months following her diagnosis, adding, "As Westerners, we try to stay busy. We say, 'Just don't think about it, get on with things.' But for me, meditating is tantamount to quieting the brain."

While recuperating, Crow discovered that learning to say no was an even more critical stress buster for her. As someone who felt obligated to say yes to every opportunity for her career, Crow says she probably would never have learned when to say no if she hadn't gotten sick: "I know how to say 'no' now, and move on. I listen to my body … and I don't work as hard as I used to. There are certain choices I make." Crow adds, "And I choose quality of life. Every time."

Her cancer scare forced Crow to put her own needs first, something that can be especially challenging for women. This in turn helped her find time in her life to create the family she'd always wanted by adopting her son, Wyatt, in 2007.

Learning when and how to say no will reduce stress in your life, but it's not always easy. Here are some tips to help you do it:
- Check in with yourself before you respond to a request to spend your time or energy. Ask yourself, "How will I feel if I say yes to this?" Do you feel excited and happy? Or can you already feel resentment and irritation building? Be honest with yourself about how you will feel with this new task on your plate.
- If you've realized it's important to your future peace of mind to say no, simply say, "I'm sorry, I just can't take this on right now." This is a gentle yet effective way to short-circuit any begging and pleading.
- If you can send the requester away with the name of someone who might really want to say yes, it's even better — a new mom in the neighborhood who could use a little help getting hooked in, for example, and would welcome the opportunity to be the treasurer of the PTA. [ focusonfeelingbetter ]
" Always consult your doctor before making any changes to diet or exercise "



Enter your email address :

Other ...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment