Talking about life insurance sounds as much fun as eating rotten fish


To some people, Talking about life insurance sounds as much fun as eating rotten fish. And while ignoring them can add to family tragedy by becoming a nightmare, more and more people are doing it.

A recent survey by the nonprofit Life Foundation showed that a quarter of Americans would consider canceling their life insurance policies to give money away in these tough financial times.

Before making such drastic decisions, consider these seven common mistakes - and you may decide to buy more coverage, not less.

The seven big life insurance mistakes


1. Think you have had enough. In a recent survey of middle-income Americans, all states found that while respondents generally agreed that everyone should have some level of life insurance, most believed it should primarily cover funeral bills and expenses. Only 20% said life insurance life should replace the income of the deceased, to continue to support the child and other dependent family members The idea of ​​having a policy that pays seven to 10 times a person's salary - an amount that can easily make sense for someone who having young children - sounds like an attempt to sell a large, unnecessary policy to a respondent.

In fact, a third of adults have no life insurance at all, says Steven Weisbart, chief economist at the Insurance Information Institute. Of the rest of the people, many of them only have insurance that comes from their workplace policies, which is usually not enough for people who want to support dependents after their death.

2. Don't talk about it at all. "This is a topic that nobody wants to think about," said Matt Easley, vice president of Allstate Financial, partly because thinking about death was so uncomfortable.

Although life insurance is not compulsory like auto insurance, Weisbart says it is "morally obligatory," because "if you have dependents, you owe them to protect them from losing your ability to earn an income."

3. Rely on old rules. Traditionally, people have relied on the standard "sevenfold income" rule to calculate how much insurance they need. But that's not a useful measure, says Easley, because people's situations are so different. A single, independent person will probably need significantly less insurance than a person with five young children, for example. Instead, Easley recommends sitting down and thinking about "the things you want to protect." How much does it cost to support your children the way you want? To pay for their college or pay off the mortgage?

Michael Bonevento, senior financial adviser at Ameriprise Financial, also recommends making a "value of human life" calculation, which looks at the future economic costs of a breadwinner who dies. For example, if he earns $ 100,000 annually and has 20 years left until retirement, then the value is $ 2 million. (The tax is then deducted along with the amount the breadwinner consumes himself, and other benefits such as health insurance are added up. Finally, the present value of the figure is calculated.)

The value of human life is usually higher than what people think after considering what they would pay if they died. Bonevento recommends buying insurance for somewhere in between these two amounts. You can get started with a quick estimate using the MSN Money life insurance calculator. Or, if you know what you need, compare quotes directly.

4. Ignore your nonmonetary income. Many people, when adding up their income that needs to be replaced, forget about the benefits that come with their work, such as health insurance and retirement account payments. "I have a job, and my employer pays for my health insurance, but if I die, and the subsidy goes away, my wife will have to get health insurance without it, so it will be more expensive," Weisbart said. Life insurers, then, must pay enough money to cover a new health insurance bill.

5. Forgetting the long term. People often forget how long life insurance payments will take to support their children and other dependents after they die, says Easley. "If you have a child who is 10 years old, in 15 years, they will go out on their own," he explained, so in that case, the protection period that would provide support for 15 years is likely the most sensible.


6. Thinking that it is too expensive. Many people mistakenly think life insurance is prohibitively expensive, Bonevento says, but it's possible to find a policy that fits both your needs and your budget. Term insurance, which provides temporary insurance over a specific time period, is more affordable than permanent insurance, which lasts a lifetime. In addition to managing financial risk, people sometimes also use permanent insurance as an investment tool
.

But those on a tight budget tend to choose term insurance. One of Bonevento's clients, a married man with one child and another on the way, decided he needed to take out $ 1.5 million worth of term life insurance. His monthly payment, pending an assessment of his health, will cost between $ 102 and $ 219 per month.

7. Forgot to update the policy. Even though a major life event, such as a child birth, marriage or divorce, usually means it's time to renew your insurance policy, many people forget to do it. Even the 9/11 attacks, which affected many Bonevento's clients, were not the motivator he thought they would be. Then, he said, "when tragedy strikes, they face financial problems above all else."


Enter your email address :

Other ...!!!



2 comments:

  1. Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little princess is so beautiful) I underwent using Dr Itua Herbal Medicine. I had a miscarriage 7 years ago. I still can’t hold back my tears when I remember that horrible period of my life. After my loss I couldn’t get back to life for a long time. I’m glad I have my husband. He gave me the support I needed the most. Together we can do everything! We wanted to have kids for a really long time. We’ve gone through a lot, but if you want something badly, you’ll get it! I had to search online on how i can use herbal remedy due to my infertility then i came across Dr Itua how he cure all kind diseases and helped a lady from Kansas City to get pregnant so i contacted him on email,He gave me some guidelines to follow he also send me his herbal medicine via courier service which he instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks really i did and after 7 days of having intercourse with my husband few days later i noticed my period didn't come then i decided to go for check up i was pregnant with a baby,Dr Itua is a genuine miracle man..I've got pregnant from first attempt. We were over the moon! Our girls were born in May 2015. We've just celebrated their first birthday. Finally joy and peace came to our family.Here his Email/www.drituaherbalcenter.com / drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com He cure the following...infertility Liver/kidney Inflammatory,Diabetes,Herpes Virus, Lupus, HPV, Cancer, Hiv/Aids, Hepatitis, Als, MS, Menstrual Cramp, Fibroid.

    ReplyDelete